Monday, December 12, 2011

Depositing large amounts of cash ?

About 6 months ago, the IRS levied 2 bank accounts because I was behind on my taxes. Fearing that more action was forthcoming, I withdrew about $30k over the next few weeks from several bank accounts in 4 transactions.





Now, my IRS problems are behind me and I got a refund of the excess.





I would like to redeposit the $30k.





Do I need to do it in 4 transactions all under $10k each or what ?





Please realize that this is not illegal drug money or anything. I just feared that I might be cashless if the IRS were to come after more accounts prior to me catching up on my back taxes. Seems silly now but at the time, it was a big concern because I have no regular income to live on and I didn't know how long it would take to get caught up.





So I have $30k in $100 bills in a safe deposit box that I would like to deposit so I can at least earn a little interest.





Do you see a problem with making ONE deposit for the entire $30k or not ?|||Just deposit it. It'll be reported but there will probably be no followup unless you do this kind of thing often. And if anyone asks, tell them what happened. You didn't do anything illegal.|||Just deposit the money. It's legal money and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment