Monday, December 12, 2011

Paypal: good idea or no?

I was recently offered a job for writing articles. Not too bad. I would write articles of at least 550 words and get a small $10. I know that sounds like a rip-off. But for someone passionate in writing, who spends most of his time writing in general, it sounds actually pretty good.





Aside from the IF's and BUT's, the way the person wants to pay me is via Paypal.





Now that you understand the need for a Paypal, I'd like a few questions answered since I have never used, nor did I ever intend to use, Paypal.





First off, what IS Paypal? Is it an online banking system or is it a direct deposit system?





Secondly, does it put the money directly into my bank account, or do I have to transfer it myself?





Thirdly, if an outside source (The employer) were to put money into my Paypal, is there any possibility of them reversing the transaction and taking money OUT of it?





Fourth, does this allow them access to my personal bank account?





Fifth, is it actually safe to use at all? E.G. - Does it show personal information such as my SSN, address, bank information other then my bank provider... Things of that nature that could potentially be used against me for harm?





Sixth, I know a lot of people USE Paypal, but how many actually LIKE it? I know that is an impossible question to answer, so I'd prefer your, the contributor's, response. Is it worth using? Is it easier then Direct Deposit? Does it provide problems?





Seventh, how do I know if I am being ripped off? If I post 100 articles, for ease of numbers, at $10 an article, that is $1,000. How would I know if I was deposited all $1,000, or if I was only deposited a small $300 or even less?





Eighth, what about taxes? All paychecks take out taxes, so how does Paypal set up their system?





Ninth, what of interest rates? Are there any? Are there any side-effects such as affecting my credit score or causing problems? Is there a limit to how much I can hold within an account? Can I withdraw anything?





Tenth, anything I did not state that should be answered.





I want to know all this so I do not get into trouble with my money. The last thing I need is to wake up one day a quarter of a million dollars in debt. And don't say it doesn't happen. When I was three years old, someone stole my SSN and put me half a million dollars in debt. It took nearly two years of going back and forth to the courts (From what my parents tell me) to fix it and take it off my records. So I REALLY need to know this information, please.





Thank you.|||1. Paypal is a middle man. It's not an online bank, but works sort of like one


2. If you are sent money, it sits in the account until you withdraw it.


3. No. (If it's a fraud payment, Paypal can reverse it.)


4. Paypal has access your bank account. Not the sender.


5. Safe.


6. You'll pay 3% to get the payments.


7. You'll see each transaction.


8. Taxes are your problem. Paypal isn't going to play any part of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment