Thursday, December 15, 2011

My cash keeps disappearing no matter where I put them. I always lose 500 or 1000 per salary day.?

I feel that I have to write this somehow to keep tabs. I admit to being disorganized at the very least but, I am not oblivious of how I spend especially after a string of mysterious disappearance of hard-earned money.

















Third-last quarter 2010 was the start of it:











I withdrew P10,000 from an ATM when I was about to go home. I admit to not counting it. When I got home, I only had P9,000 in my wallet. I recounted what I did from withdrawing to getting home- I didn’t spend any of the money I withdrew. I only spent for transportation using the money I had prior to withdrawing. I called up the bank the next day to report a short-cash dispense. After investigation, they claimed there was no short-cash dispense that day.











The next salary day, I had some bills in my wallet when I got home. The new made was introduced to me. I put the wallet on a “escaparate” but took it after about three or so minutes. When I checked it, I found out I was missing P500. I wondered if the new maid had taken it. But who would be so bold to steal money with my folks around and in your very first hour of working in a new household? I could not figure out what happened to my P500.











The next salary day, I withdrew P10,000; gave half to my mom; put P2,000 in my wallet and stashed the remaining P3,000 in the pages of my college thesis- an unlikely repository. By the end of the week, I opened up my thesis to the pages where the money was and only to be surprised that it was just P2,000. I could recall spending the money on anything.











The salary day next to that there was nothing unusual.











The salary day next to that I stashed away some amount; this time I “hid” the cash inside my DVD case inside my drawer. By the end of the week, I opened up the case confident I had enough to cover me until the next payday. I was dismayed to find out I was missing another P1,000. I wondered if I spent it on something and











I thought I just had to track my spending and the mysterious disappearance of money wouldn’t happen again. I was thinking I was probably spending the money without knowing it- although I seriously doubted. But the disappearance repeated. Usually I would lose either P1,000 or P500.

















And then for a time I had some ‘relief’ from the mysterious ‘thief.’ For about 4 months, my money was intact and all accounted for.











Then came December, then January. By January, I had sufficient amount of money because of the Thirteenth month pay. By that time I had opened up a bank account with Banco de Oro because I wanted to save. The rest of the money that I did not deposit was stashed away in my drawer. Inside a container that was unlikely to contain any money. As you could already guess, I lost some of the money- P4,00! It was like my ‘tax’ for the four months I did not lose money. My resolution was to deposit money right away to my Banco de Oro account. But on February 6, my sister was not able to deposit the money because she was busy and she had to give it to me. And of course you know what happened- I lost P2,000! It was like my ‘tax’ for January and February.











Oh just this January, I lost P1,000 from my wallet (tax for thirteen month?). I wondered whether that’s the money I paid the bus conductor. But I remember giving him the exact amount.











The last money I lost was on February 21. It was P500. It just disappeared from my wallet. The wallet which was with me in the room. In my room that is always locked.

















The weird thing about this is that no matter where I put my money, I always lose either P1,000 or P500. It’s interesting to mention that again, my room is always locked. Also, in the instances I lost the money in my wallet, the wallet was with me- mostly in my pocket. I’ll tell you something weirder- this happens to my sister too. In her wallet, in her locked drawer and in her room she would loose either P1,000 or P500.|||i agree with both of the first 2 answers someone is stealing from you and dont withdraw cash anymore, at least not that much. get a debit card and have your bills paid by direct debit. if you have to give money to your mum you can have it directly transferred to her account. just avoid carrying cash with you as much as you can and see if that helps.|||somebody is stealing your money mate|||So is this a question about a money steeling myth or just some ones ramblings?|||The best thing to do would be not withdraw all if it.get a debit card|||ha ha lost all your money XD

No comments:

Post a Comment