Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it normal for a bank teller to ask you out?

I'm a new client at a bank I visited yesterday (it was only my second ever visit to said bank) and I deposited, and withdrew inside the bank itself, and the teller asks me how I'm doing, how my daughter's doing and I answered him 'cause I just passed it off as smalltalk and didn't give it a second thought. I told him then that, since last time I was there to open an account that they recommended a minimum balance of $75 that it wouldn't be a problem soon because I was getting a FAFSA check back from the College I go to (my last bank was always asking about things like that so I figured I'd just clear it up right then and there just in case), and he asked which college I went to so I told him and mentioned 'cause most people ask that it was just down the street from me and he said something about his own traveling which I still passed off as smalltalk and then he says "Oh well, would you ever be interested in maybe getting a drink at Jamba Juice? I mean, if you'd ever consider it." And I just... was dumbfounded and didn't respond right away 'cause I didn't know how to, but then he grabs one of his cards and starts writing a number down and says "Here, I'll give you my cell phone number so you can call me if you'd ever consider it." I walked out laughing 'cause it was so rediculous but a moment later I realized I felt very uncomfortable with it and like I didn't really want to have to go back to the bank anymore. I called the bank itself to speak with a manager who was going to be in some time in the afternoon (it's 1:00 pm now) but no one has called back. I fear because they think it's too insane to pursue.





But is this kind of thing normal? :/ I ask because one the manager hasn't called me back, and two because I want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun or anything by speaking with said manager.|||It is unacceptable for someone who is on the clock and supposed to be serving you to ask you on a date. The manager probably just hasn't had the opportunity to call you back yet. They take this kind of thing seriously for the very reason you stated: A customer can become uncomfortable and then they lose business.|||Don't call his manager and embarrass him like that. He probably doesn't do that with every woman that comes in there. You should look at it as a complement he would put his job on the line to go out with you. And if you still don't like it, then just avoid using him as your teller, problem solved. And try using the ATM or something so you don't have to go in their again.|||thats the problem with this country, every bodies so afraid of one another, like omg somebody asked me out while they were working..but thats, thats insanity (gosh). This guys was just saw a pretty girl and asked her out on a date case closed, there is no reason to ruin his life over it

No comments:

Post a Comment