Monday, December 12, 2011

Mortgage approved then withdrawn at the very last minute for no apparant reason - Scotland!?

Hi, basically, I used to live in Manchester, and after i got married i moved to glasgow. I workf or a company in Manchester, have done so since before I graduated, I work from home/on the road, basically I travel around Scotland as I am based here basically finding new clients and so on. I spend around 3 weeks in Glasgow and 2 weeks in Manchester (every month to month and a half). When I'm in Manchester I stay with my mother who looks after my child and i spend most of my time in the office. Anyway I earn around 拢2100-拢2200 after tax a month. My husband is in the uk on a spouse visa, he works in a resteraunt based in a hotel, he's an assistant manager there and works 5pm - 12am 6 days a week, he earns around 拢1600 after tax a month, he looks after my son in the week days while I am working.





Anyway just giving you some background info, I have a very active and good credit history. I applied for in a mortgage in my name alone for a property in scotland,as my husband is not a british citizen we could not add him to the application although we did tell Abbey (who we applied for the mortgage from) about him and that I was married.





I am earning enough to cover the mortgage on my own so it was not really a problem not having his income on the application. We were putting down a deposit of 拢20700 (15%) . The property price was 拢138000 so basically we were getting a loan on 拢117300, I chose a fixed term of 36 months for which the payment was 拢742 which me and my husband can easily afford (we're currently paying 拢650 in rent).





Anyway the loan got approved, i got an offer, we got the entry date, which was supposed to be today. Abbey initially asked for 3 months payslips which I provided to my broker he then sent them to Abbey. They approved the loan. Last Monday they rang me saying that we need more info from you so we are withdrawing the offer until we recieve this info. I got 3 months payslips, 3 months wage slips and my p60 which is all they asked for and the reason why my husband wasn't on the application, anyway I got this to my broker for Tuesday and he then faxed them to them by Wednesday. On Wed we were told we would get a decision on Thurs, on Thurs we were told Fri, Fri we were told Mon, Mon we were told Tues, Tues we were told Wed, Wed we were told Thurs, which was yesterday the day I was supposed to transfer the deposit to my solicitor, it got to 1pm nobody knew anything, they told my solicitor they did not recieve the info, they told my broker they had to re-credit score my application as my husband is not British therefore he is my dependant, anyway at 5 pm they rang my broker and told him that my loan has been withdrawn because they cannot confirm the information that they have, and that's all that they can tell us. The truth is nobody knows what the hell is going on in that company.





So basically they messed us around now, I am getting charged interest by the sellers untill I can arrange another mortgage. They left us with no other choice, no time, they gave us their decision at the very last minute, after offering us the loan and then withdrawing it, none of my circumstances have changed, i still do not understand what the hell happened.





Sorry for the long winded post, I just wanted some advice, are Abbey allowed to get away with this type of behavior? Can I do something about the way they have messes me around? They have stressed me out so much, it's even worse because I am 3 months pregnant, I now feel like absolute crap, I just can't understand what happened and they won't tell us anything.





Thanks!|||Hey i know exactly where your coming from as Abbey did exactly the the same with me and my husband, after following all their advice and recommendations, being messed around for months on end then screwed us over. We even had 50% deposit, utterly ridiculous. In the end we had to go for a ''high risk'' mortgage as Abbey had left so many hard prints on our credit reports ( oh best check it as they will have done the same on yours) it affected our rating. Personally we're taking legal action to recoup the thousands they caused us to waste on fee's, you could do the same. The FSA are pretty good to talk to as well, most importantly your not the only one who's been messed around by Abbey, although i know it feels like it at the moment. Just reapply with a company that's no where near related to abbey/santander as you will end up going through the same stress again.





Good luck with the pregnancy


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment