Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dodgy deposit for new flat?

I have just been looking at a flat which i am interested in.


I have emailed the owner asking to arrange a viewing and they replied to me telling me that would be fine but as she lived in belfast her solicitor advised her she should get me to transfer some money via money gram or othe service like this to a family member outside of my city. then send the trans number to her solicitor


this is what she put:


'My lawyer insist that you transfer at least a months rent plus


security deposit to any of your reference or family within London or


any city outside preston.......You will get back to my lawyer on phone


to confirm the reference of the transfer to him, after he has confirm


that the transfer is active in your name, you can proceed to withdraw


back the money and i will immediately schedule a time to take you


round my flat on thursday...





If you need any information of either me or my solicitor, i am more


than welcome to provide you, note that this is just a finacial ability


procedure, after you have viewed tha house and like it, you can


proceed with signing the tenancy agreement and depositing of upfront


to our bank account.'


......................................鈥?br>




The other thing is it is a lovely maisonette and looks perfect. it is only 拢90 per week! is this too good to be true?





Should i go through with the money transfer.





please help


x|||sounds like a scam to me. Why do you need a deposit when you are just looking at it?|||In the United States this would be a scam. There is no reason to give money up front to see an apartment.





Did she give you the name of the solicitor? If she did, call him or her and ask about the arrangement. Confirm that the person you are speaking to is in fact a solicitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment