Sunday, December 4, 2011

Help Understanding Savings Accounts?

Hi, I am very new to investing and savings accounts etc. I am interested by the following





Top Easy Access: 3.3% includes bonus (min. 拢1)


Citibank 3.3% AER inc 2.25% bonus, complete access to cash, online.





The top rate available with just 拢1 is Citibank's Flexible Saver paying new customers 3.3% AER including a fixed 2.25% bonus which lasts twelve months. After a year, the rate drops to 1%, so ditch and switch at this time. You are allowed unlimited withdrawals, and the maximum balance is 拢1 million.


The account can be opened online, by phone or post. Although Citibank and Egg are part of the same company, they are separately UK registered with the FSA, meaning you get 拢50,000 of UK FSCS protection with each bank.





Quick Stats: Rate: 3.3% variable AER, inc fixed 2.25% bonus. Min. Deposit: 拢1. Access: Online/Post/Phone Withdrawal restrictions: None








My questions are...


1) Can I easily withdraw and deposit money whenever I want free of charge without affecting the rate of interest


2) Do I have to keep in some money for a certain length of time


3) Is the rate of interest guaranteed for a whole year


4) If I withdraw all of the money after 6 months, do I receive 1/2 of the interest that I would have got for a whole year!





Sorry if these questions are very basic!


Thanks|||ask the bank

No comments:

Post a Comment