Sunday, December 4, 2011

How much would they take out from certificate of deposit if I was to withdraw money out early???

I put $5000 in cd and have $5050 now with interest and really need this money. My husband left me with my 2 year old. The maturity date is sept 10th. Interest is 4.5%. I go to school full time and will finish in april 2009 I really want to just focus on school instead of finding a part time job.. if I take it out now how much would they take|||That depends on the terms of the CD. I had to cancel a CD early once and I only had to give up the interest I had earned. The only way to find out is to call the bank and ask how much you will get back, if you withdraw the money now.|||Usually they penalize you with whatever amount of interest you were going to get, they take this amount from the principal and they don't pay you any interest.





For example: $5000=%26gt;$5070 you will get 5000-70= $4930





If you were lucky, and chose the right bank they will not penalize you but they won't pay the interest either because you broke the contract.





You will get $5000 only.|||You usually lose 3 months of interest but to be on the safe side, call the bank .|||its usually 20%

No comments:

Post a Comment