Sunday, December 4, 2011

How would I figure out the simple and compound interest using this method?

In most of my problem's they want me to figure out the simple interest and compound interest using this time table. Annually- 1 , Semi-Annually - 1/2 , Quarterly 3/4 , Monthly 1/12 .


So for example here is one of my problems.





Ernie Boddy had $3,620 on deposit at Savings Bank on July 1st. The money earns interest at a rate of 6.5% compounded quarterly. What is the amount in the account April 1st of the following year if no withdraws or deposits were made? How much is the compounded interest? ( The answer to this problem would be A. 3,799.36 and B. 179.36 )





Can someone who knows how to do this step-by-step in detail show me. I really need to know how interest can be determined annually, quarterly, semi-annually etc. in detail.|||Formula for compound interest is:


A = P(1 + r/n)^(nt)


where


A = Accrued value (principal + interest)


P = Principal


r = interest rate


n = # comp/yr


t = # of years


so


for your example


P = 3620


r = 0.065


n = 4


t = 0.75





鈾b櫐

No comments:

Post a Comment